|Medium Outsider (Fire, Extraplanar)|
|Hit Dice:||5d8+15 (42 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft., fly 50 ft. (average)|
|AC:||18 (+3 Dex, +5 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 15|
|Base Attack/Grapple: ||+5/+6|
|Attack:||Wing slam +7 melee (1d4+2 plus 1d6 fire, 10' reach); or flail +7 melee (1d8+2)|
|Full Attack:||2 wing slams +7 melee (1d4+2 plus 1d6 fire, 10' reach); or flail +7 melee (1d8+2)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Fiery aura, flaming wings, spell-like abilities|
|Special Qualities:||DR 10/magic, fiery fast healing, flame stride, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision|
|Saves:||Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 5|
|Abilities:||Str 14, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 12|
|Skills:||Appraise +8, Bluff +8, Concentration +11, Knowledge (planes) +8, Listen +9, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +8, Spot +9|
|Feats:||Flyby Attack, Combat Reflexes|
|Environment:||Elemental Plane of Fire|
|Organization:||Team (2 to 5)|
|Challenge Rating: ||7|
|Alignment:||Usually Lawful Evil|
|Advancement:||By character class|
- Flame Lords are short and look somewhat like slender dwarves due to their small size and pronounced bone lines. Flame
lords always have a crown of fire burning on top of their heads rather than hair. Their skin is bronze in color and just as
difficult to damage. A flame lord can manifest great 10 foot wings from either shoulder at will and these wings are required
- The flame lord is a dangerous foe to those who dare oppose them while unprotected against their terrible fire. Flame lords
soften up their opponents with a few of their spell like abilities before charging in to maximize their fiery aura and physical
Fiery Aura (Su): As a free action, a flame lord can ignite the air within 5 feet of
themselves into a burning inferno. Any creature entering this area suffers 1d6 points of fire/heat damage per round of
exposure, no save. This aura can be ignited even under water, in a vacuum, or in other conditions that would inhibit
Flaming Wings (Su): As a free action, a flame lord can manifest fiery wings to
carry them through the air or to do battle with. These wings can be ignited even under water, in a vacuum, or in other
conditions that would inhibit normal flame. A Flame Lord can attack with its wings, using them as natural weapons, to make
two slam attacks per round for 1d4 + strength modifier + 1d6 fire damage. A Flame Lords fiery wings have a 10 ft. reach.
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): Flame lords possess a number of spell-like abilities. They can
evoke up to five spell-like effects in one day, each functioning as the spell by the same name cast by a 5th level sorcerer.
Their abilities include: flame bolt, fireball, fire shield, produce flame, and wall of fire.
Fiery Fast Healing (Ex): Flame lords are able to quickly heal themselves by
coming into contact with forms of heat and fire. As long as a Flame Lord is exposed to fire, including their own, they heal
two points of damage per round.
Flame Stride (Sp): Flame lords can enter any fire source and teleport to any
other fire source within 700 feet. The fire can be of any size and using this ability is a standard action. The flame lord
does not need to have foreknowledge of which flame he is transporting to, he is transferred in the direction desired to
the furthest fire available or to a distance specified, whichever is more accurate.
Fire Subtype: A creature with the fire subtype has immunity to fire. It has
vulnerability to cold, which means it takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of
whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.
- Flame Lords are the elite servants, warriors, and messengers of the Efreeti. The tale is told that when the Efreet came to the
Elemental Plane of Fire there was a great war waged between the flame lords against the geniekind. Defeated by the
efreet, it was decided that the flame lords would become the servants of the genies they had fought against. Rumor
has it that the terms of the flame lords servitude is not indefinite, but no one is telling how long it has been or how
much longer still the Flame Lords must labor in servitude.
- Flame lords require both heat and fire to survive. Cold fire or just heat without flame will not provide the sustenance that
a Flame Lord needs to survive. Flame Lords who are traveling to places where there is not abundant fire may use their
produce flame spell-like ability to create a flames which they can feed upon.
Many schooled mages believe that the essence from a Flame Lord's wings is a valuable
boon for producing spells which create large amounts of heat, or for potions of protection from fire.
- Flame Lord Characters
- Flame Lord characters have the following traits:
- +4 Strength, +6 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
- Medium size: Flame Lords have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base land speed of 30 feet. It also has a fly speed of 50 ft. (average). A Flame Lord's fly speed requires that they manifest their wings.
- Darkvision 60 ft. and low-light vision.
- Racial Hit Dice: A flame lord begins with five levels of outsider which provide 5d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +5, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A flame lord's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 8 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Knowledge (planes), Listen, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A flame lord's outsider levels give it two feats.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Special Attacks (see above): Fiery aura, flaming wings, spell-like abilities
- Special Qualities (see above): Fire subtype, DR 10/magic, fiery fast healing, flame stride.
- Favored Class: Fighter