|Hit Dice:||1d8+2 (6 hp)|
|AC:||12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 11; or 17 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, chainmail), touch 11, flat-footed 16|
|Base Attack/Grapple: ||+0/+2|
|Attack:||Claw +3 melee (1d4+2); or short spear +2 melee (1d6+2/x3, 20' range increment); or shortbow +1 ranged (1d8/x3)|
|Full Attack:||2 claws +3 melee (1d4+2); or short spear +3 melee (1d6+2/x3, 20' range increment); or shortbow +1 ranged (1d8/x3)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Scent, Low-light vision|
|Saves:||Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 0|
|Abilities:||Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 5, Wis 11, Cha 8|
|Skills:||Climb +4, Move Silently+3*, Listen +4, Spot +5|
|Feats:||Weapon Focus (claw)|
|Organization:||Pride (5 to 20)|
|Challenge Rating: ||1|
|Treasure:||No coins, double goods, standard items|
|Advancement:||By character class|
- Husti are a primitive lion headed and furred humanoid. They are strongly built and covered with beautiful and soft golden
hair. Husti are natural warriors, except that they lack the intelligence for much more than pack or hit-and-run tactics. Husti
are quite rare in the world today much in part to their enslavement by the Haruninki. Wild Husti are vicious hunters and
gatherers, while their more common brethren who serve the Haruninki are trained to be unswervingly loyal guards;
unaware of the freedoms offered outside of the Haruninkian dominance.
Wild Husti often adorn themselves with bones and trinkets made from the corpses of their
enemies or thins they found which interested them. Slave Husti are not allowed any possessions and often carry nothing
more than a weapon. Elite enslaved Husti may be armored or wear rewards from their masters.
- Wild Husti fight with their claws, leaping at their prey from the cover of the savannah grass. Enslaved Husti sometimes
fight with their claws, but since the Haruninki find the Husti's natural fighting technique to be crude and unappealing, they
tend to arm their Husti with short spears or other simple weapons. Husti are not especially graceful fighters with weapons
and tend to hack and jab with brute force rather than finesse.
Skills: Husti receive a +2 bonus to Spot and a +4 bonus to all Climb checks.
They have an acute vision honed for the spotting of prey and their claws are of aid to climbing. Wild Husti receive a +2
bonus to Move Silently.
- Husti are hunter gatherers. The males of the wild Husti will often travel for days across the plains in search of prey. Children
are common and the many are cared for by the females of the pride. Many of the young do not make it to adulthood due to
the fierce fighting among Husti young. The Husti encourage this so that the strongest make it to adulthood and further
strengthen the pride. Husti are nomadic and do not build shelters or anything more than crude tools and the trinkets which
they ornament themselves with. Successful warrior Husti often braid their hair with shiny rocks or other items interwoven
into their golden mane.
The enslaved Husti of the Haruninki live in strict obedience to their masters. They have
been in servitude for so long that there is little the same between them and their free cousins except for a fierce strength
in their eyes. Enslaved Husti see no other lifestyle outside the Haruninki and fulfill their duty proudly and without a second
- Wild Husti live and die upon the plains to other predators more often then by old age; they seem to prefer it this way. In
the Haruninkian society, when the Husti population begins to grow out of control they are simply slaughtered, driven from
the cliffs which round the Homeland to a quick death. From the Haruninkian point of view there is little cruelty to this action,
but that it is simply a necessity to keep from exhausting food stores or allowing the discipline of the Husti to slip. The
difference in training between the wild Husti and those enslaved are so great that a trained Husti would stand very little
chance of survival if let loose into a pack of their wild cousins.
- The Husti were enslaved by the Haruninki back in the time of Kirrinda Loche-dar, a powerful blood-mage. He had the Husti
brought by the thousand from the plains of the Haruninkian Homeland and slaughtered all those who resisted. The Husti
fled to the deserts and arid plateau lands far to the east of the mountains which guard the Homeland. Since then, many
thousands of years later, the Husti have been made into the servants and guards of the Haruninkian society. Haruninki who
fall from grace in their society and become servants and guards are considered little better than the Husti which they work
with. The difference of course is that a Haruninki has a chance to redeem himself, while a Husti is forever limited to a life of
- Husti Characters
- All Husti characters are wild husti and are not from those enslaved by the Haruninki.
Husti characters have the following traits:
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, -4 Intelligence.
- Medium size: Husti neither gain nor suffer penalty for being Medium size creatures.
- Low-light vision.
- Racial Hit Dice: A Husti begins with 1 level of humanoid, which provides one 1d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +0, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +2, and Will +0.
- Racial Skills: A Husti's humanoid level gives it skill points equal to 4 x (2+ Int. modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Move Silently, Listen, and Spot. Husti are natural predators and gain a +2 racial bonus to Spot and Move Silently checks. A Husti gains a +4 racial bonus to all Climb checks because of their claws.
- Racial Feats: A Husti's humanoid level gives it one feat.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A husti is automatically proficient with all simple weapons, longbows, shortbows, composite bows, and with light armor. They are not proficient with any type of shield.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Special Qualities: Scent
- Favored class: Barbarian