Crown of Hammers
This mystical crown is part of the award given to the winner of the famous Shieldmeet competition held in the Eastern Empire. The crown bears only a faintly detectable dweomer should a Detect Magic be cast upon it. Similarily, a Identify will reveal nothing about the nature of the item either. If a non-evil creature dons the crown than the crown makes its powers known in the wearer's memories. If an evil creature willingly dons the crown then a bolt of lightning springs from the earth and strikes the creature for 3d6 points of damage, no save.
The crown is a light golden color, with paths of platinum swirling through its form. Ten tiny hammers are etched into its band-like shape, each with an even smaller blue gemstone set in its hammer-head.
The crown has ten powers, each usable once per week. The powers can be invoked as a standard action and as they are invoked, a gemstone in one of the etched in hammers on the crown will turn translucent until one week has passed. No more than one power of the crown can be active at the same time. Activating a power while another is still working causes the active power to end.
- A +5 Deflection bonus to the wearers armor class for one hour.
- One opportunity to turn undead as if the wearer was a cleric of the same level.
- Grant wearer the ability to see invisibility, as the spell, for a one hour.
- A +5 modifier to one of the wearers ability scores for one hour.
- Grant wearer invisibility, as the spell, for one hour.
- Grant 10/magic damage reduction to wearer for one hour.
- Grant wearer the ability to teleport, as the spell.
- Wearer challenges fate. Allows the reroll of one attack, saving throw, ability check, or skill check. The reroll must be taken in place of the original die roll.
- Grant wearer Fast Healing (2 hit points per round) for one hour.
- Grant wearer detect thoughts, as the spell, for a one hour.
- Wearer gains a climb speed of 15 feet for one hour.
Caster Level: 15th;
Prerequisites: Maximize Spell, Craft Wondrous Item, invisibility, bull's strength, cat's grace, eagle's splendor, fox's cunning, endurance, owl's wisdom, guidance, see invisibility, teleport, detect thoughts, stone skin;
Market Price: 46,000 gp;
Weight: 4 lbs.