Truth is a +5 holy avenger longsword, blessed by the touch of a planetar, one
of Lathidus' highest servents. In the hands of any but a paladin of Lathidus
the sword is only a +2 longsword. The blade is made from glacial ice and
ripples like cold water. It is incredibly sharp and cannot be broken. The
pommel is made from crystal, taken from the crystal caves of Nomoth of the
Eastern Empire, and burn with a soft golden fire. Evil creatures who attempt
to pick up the blade are immolated in holy golden fire for one minute or as
long as they hold it (which ever the longer), suffering 1d6 damage per
round with no save. Creatures neither evil nor lawful who grasp
the sword suffer as if they had been struck by it. The blade has the
following powers in the hands of a paladin of Lathidus:
- On command, the blade radiates light as the spell Daylight.
- The paladin (and his mount, if within 20 feet of the blade) receives
spell resistance 21 and damage resistance 3/-.
- On command, the touch of the blade can dispel magic three times
per day. This power functions as though cast by a sorcerer of the wielders
- On command, the paladin may bestow the effects of bless upon a
kneeling creature by touching the tip of the sword to their shoulder.
- The sword doubles the healing powers of the paladin and all healing spells
cast by the paladin.
- The golden flames of the sword turn bronze colored when aggressive evil
creatures are within 50 feet of the blade.
- The paladin may use the blade to interpose between himself and a single
evil creature. The creature to whom the blade is pointed cannot approach within
40 feet of the wielder and must remove itself to this distance upon the
invocation of this power. The paladin receives a +4 sacred bonus to all saving
throws against that creature while invoking this power.
Caster Level: 20th;
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Holy Aura, creator must be good.;
Market Price: 120,315 gp;
Cost to Create: 60,315 gp + 4,800XP
Weight: 4 lb.