Forums    Newsletter    Guestbook    About    Search    Updates      
         Copyright © Randy Bowers. All rights reserved.

You are currently
not logged in.

Create an Account

Nickname:
Password:
 Remember me next
        time I visit.

forget your password?
click here

Forum Home
Current Topic

Forum Policy

Guests online: 2371
Members online: 0

Forums: Campaigns

more riddles
Started on April 5th, 2005 at 3:44PM CST by Alrathis
[reply]  [ignore topic]  [watch topic]  [bookmark]  [printable]

Just for fun, here's ten riddles I thought were fun.  First one to answer them..um.. wins some glory. ;)

1) The chill of its death, You may soon mourn. But though it dies, It cannot be born

2) Buckets, barrels, baskets, cans; What must you fill with empty hands?

3) Today he is there to trip you up, And he will torture you tomorrow. Yet he is also there to ease the pain, When you are lost in grief and sorrow.

4)  It can hold you, But you cannot hold it. And the more you remove, The bigger it will get

5) It can pierce the best armor, And make swords crumble with a rub. Yet for all its power, It can't harm a club.

6) You can spin, wheel and twist. But it can turn without moving

7) Names give power. Magic to control. But what is broken, by naming it?

8) The language of men, can be mastered. But what Kingdom word is always pronounced wrong?

9) What goes with a wagon that doesn't benefit the wagon, but the wagon cannot move without?

and my fav...
10) He got it in the woods and brought it home in his hand because he couldn't find it. The more he looked for it the more he felt it. When he finally found it he threw it away.

more riddles
Posted on April 14th, 2005 at 7:29PM CST by mythos [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
Well, I've figured out a couple.

2) A glove or a gauntlet.

10) A splinter.

more riddles
Posted on April 14th, 2005 at 9:23PM CST by mythos [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
here's a few more.

1) A fire
3) Alcohol
5) Rust

more riddles
Posted on April 18th, 2005 at 0:23PM CST by Alrathis [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
Right so far.. you've won some glory.
-Al-Rathis

more riddles
Posted on April 20th, 2005 at 5:05PM CST by mythos [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
4) A hole

more riddles
Posted on April 21st, 2005 at 1:48AM CST by Sulerin [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]

7) Names give power. Magic to control. But what is broken, by naming it?

My guess is that the answer to this one is: silence.

more riddles
Posted on June 25th, 2005 at 10:34AM CST by Squirrelmh [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
   6)  Milk
   7)  Silence
   8)  "wrong"
   9)  Road

more riddles
Posted on February 22nd, 2006 at 6:16AM CST by Amyante [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
1) A fire
2) Gloves
3) Alcohol
4) A hole
5) Rust
6) Umm... i elieve that one was Milk.
7) Silence
8) Wrong :P
9) Noise
10) A splinter

Unless i'm mistaken, these are from Moredhel Wordlocks in Betrayal at Krondor, correct? :P

?) Up and down they go, but never move

^ My own fave :)

more riddles
Posted on February 22nd, 2006 at 6:21AM CST by Amyante [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
Gah... forgot to mention i was summarising the answers given, my bad >_<