Forums    Newsletter    Guestbook    About    Search    Updates      
         Copyright © Randy Bowers. All rights reserved.

You are currently
not logged in.

Create an Account

Nickname:
Password:
 Remember me next
        time I visit.

forget your password?
click here

Forum Home
Current Topic

Forum Policy

Guests online: 557
Members online: 0

Forums: General Discussion Board

Will Sulerin have a 4th Edition Incarnation?
Started on June 5th, 2008 at 1:34PM CST by Kerrick
[reply]  [ignore topic]  [watch topic]  [bookmark]  [printable]

D&D 4th Edition is set to release in two days, and it's polarized many D&D players into either "for" or "against."  So the question must be on everyone's minds:  Will Sulerin have a 4th Edition incarnation?

Posted on June 21st, 2008 at 1:02AM CST by McDeath [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
I'm wondering that myself.

Posted on September 7th, 2008 at 0:26PM CST by Annadeus [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
I'm wondering the same thing.  I've been a lurker and frequent user of your Monstrous Index for a while now.  I don't have any plans right now to switch over to 4th Edition so I'm wondering if you plan on keeping the Monstrous Index available.  I hope you're not planning on taking it offline any time soon.

Should that ever be the case I would gladly pay to get a downloadable version of it so that I could run it in my browser without it being online.  Any chance of that?

Posted on November 10th, 2008 at 5:53PM CST by Sulerin [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
I've no plans currently for an offline index. That said, I plan to continue updating the Monstrous Index, to includ monsters from 4th resources, along with support for attributes of those creatures (such as their role of Brute/Controller and so on) to help DMs place those creatures into encounters. Even if I don't personally convert to 4th edition, the monstrous index will still support it.

Cheers;

Posted on November 10th, 2008 at 5:51PM CST by Sulerin [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
Well, I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Our last third edition campaign ended in September and a couple weeks ago we started a short six week campaign to try out fourth edition. The jury is still out on whether we like it enough to switch or not. As for the website, I'd like to support 4th edition, especially if I'm using it, but that doesn't mean that all the third edition mechanics will disappear from the site, I'd rather continue to support 3rd edition as well, much in the same way that for many, many years there was still 2nd edition stuff here. As for the monstrous index, specifically, there are plans to upgrade the index to hold some new fields used by fourth edition monster entries. So yes, there are plans to at least support fourth edition with continued additions to the Monstrous Index.

Posted on August 12nd, 2009 at 10:33PM CST by Kerrick [bookmark]  [printable]  [reply]
If you do update to 4E, I have used some of your monsters on here in my 4th Ed. campaign.  I'd be happy to supply whatever stats I've converted if you so desire.